YEHAW FUCK YEAH
Seriously?? This is huge like if Texas can do it, all of those other states certainly can.JAACK THEY DID THE THING
SUCH excellent news! :D
The California Supreme Court has ruled that the silence of suspects can be used against them.
Wading into a legally tangled vehicular manslaughter case, a sharply divided high court on Thursday effectively reinstated the felony conviction of a man accused in a 2007 San Francisco Bay Area crash that left an 8-year-old girl dead and her sister and mother injured.
Richard Tom was sentenced to seven years in prison for manslaughter after authorities said he was speeding and slammed into another vehicle at a Redwood City intersection.
Prosecutors repeatedly told jurors during the trial that Tom’s failure to ask about the victims immediately after the crash but before police read him his so-called Miranda rights showed his guilt.
Legal analysts said the ruling could affect future cases, allowing prosecutors to exploit a suspect’s refusal to talk before invoking 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination.
"It’s a bad and questionable decision," said Dennis Fischer, a longtime criminal appellate lawyer.
Tom’s attorney Marc Zilversmit said he is deciding whether to petition the U.S. Supreme Court to take up the issue or renew his arguments in the state court of appeal.
"It’s a very dangerous ruling," Zilversmit said. "If you say anything to the police, that can be used against you. Now, if you don’t say anything before you are warned of your rights, that too can be used against you."
The state Supreme Court in a 4-3 ruling said Tom needed to explicitly assert his right to remain silent — before he was read his Miranda rights — for the silence to be inadmissible in court.
1. Do not kill yourself. Killing yourself is very messy and your mother will cry over you. It is not beautiful or brave, and even if it was, you will not be around to see that.
2. Washing your hair is going to be a chore. But you should do it anyway. Because you will feel better about yourself.
3. Get up late. Have a lay in. Sleep past your alarm. You have a very long life ahead of you and for now you should appreciate the cold side of your pillow.
4. He is going to break your heart but he’s just another male human who finds it hard to deal with Mondays, too. So in a month you’ll wake up and you won’t even remember that little scar on his knuckle you kissed.
5. Don’t spend hours looking up what your name means on google. Your name is your name and you should go out there and do heroic and good deeds and give your name your own meaning.
6. Don’t fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.
7. Music is good for your soul. Rap music will energise you and boost your ego and pop music will cheer you up. Indie music will make you think and emotional songs will make you cry and think about that boy again. It’s healthy.
8. Victim complexes are not attractive. Boys and girls will not date you because you are sad. They are not going to date you and kiss your aching bones and cure you of your dragging depression. Wake up. Take a bath. Do your hair. Be attractive.
9. Sadness is not poetic. Depression is not beautiful. Laying in bed all day and eating too much is lazy and disgusting and it is not tragic or pretty. Get up. Go outside. Let the sun warm your bones. Live.
10. If it makes you happy, buy twenty of it. Dedicate your life to it. Print it on tv shirts and collect things and draw art of it. Do not care what people think. They are the unhappy people you need to avoid. The abuse they will hurl at you is painless compared to how sad they are. Pity them. Remain happy.
11. You are allowed to he angry. But the world is not working against you. The flowers do not bloom for you and when your mother shouts ask her if she is okay instead of thinking she hates you. She never will. The world walks beside you and is silent. It does not trip you up or carry you.
12. Day and night cycles are natural. Humans only sleep at night because we used to avoid predators in the dark because of our poor eyesight. Stay awake until 5am watching bad reality shows. Wake up at 7pm and have breakfast.
13. Eat when you are hungry. Being bored does not constitute a chocolate bar. Sleep with you are tired. Do not mindlessly obey the sleep at night rule. If you are not tired, do not sleep.
LMAOOOOOOOOO the screaming in the beginning
"oh jesus christ"
"please don’t give me that look"
"please don’t fly"
yessss this is lifeeeee
HOLY SHIT!! WATCH THIS XD
Thoughtful underwear with hidden powers. For every pair purchased you fund 7 pads to a girl in need.
OH SHIT YOU GUYS THIS COMPANY IS MAKING UNDERWEAR THAT IS STAIN RESISTANT, ANTIMICROBIAL, AND WILL ABSORB UP TO 6 TEASPOONS OF LIQUID BUT STILL LOOKS FUCKING SEXY
AND DID I MENTION THIS PART:
For every pair of THINX you buy, you help one girl in the developing world stay in school by providing her with seven washable, reusable cloth pads.
AND WHY IS THAT SUCH A BIG DEAL? HERE’S WHY:
After doing some research, Agrawal says she found that more than 100 million girls in the developing world were missing a week of school because of their periods, and using things such as leaves, old rags, or plastic bags in the place of sanitary pads.
THE SIZES RUN FROM XS TO XXL AND THE PRICES ARE NOT INSANE, THEY’RE OBVIOUSLY HIGHER THAN THOSE 5 FOR $10 SALES AT TARGET BUT YOU WON’T HAVE TO THROW THEM OUT BECAUSE YOU MISCALCULATED YOUR FLOW AND BLED ALL OVER THEM BEFORE YOU COULD GET TO A BATHROOM
I’M SORRY FOR SHOUTING I’M JUST REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS
LIKE HOLY FUCKBASKET IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME
What a time to be alive…
I’ve seen that there are literally so many different types of tea available, so I decided to put together an idea of the types of tea that are available to you and what the benefits are.
- Green tea: Green tea is amazing, there are so many benefits, for example it can help to lower cancer risk, green tea is filled with beautiful antioxidants, it can help to lower blood pressure, can prevent and fight tooth decay, improve cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of things like Alzhiemers and Parkinsons. Green tea helps to speed up the metabolic rate as it has an antioxidant effect on the liver, but the other bonus is, it can help prevent bad breath as it has an antibacterial agent within the tea!
- Black Tea: Black tea has been shown to have the highest caffeine content but it has shown that black tea can help protect lungs from damage if you’re a smoker, and may also reduce the risk of a stroke. Black tea can also help with your oral health, for example it can reduce plaque formation of cavities and tooth decay. Black tea can also help with stress (brilliant right?) studies have shown that the amino acid L-theanine can help you relax and concentrate better.
- White tea: White tea is brilliant! It is filled with lots of antioxidants, it promotes the body to have healthy and radiant skin, but also it has been shown to help with heart protection, by thinning the blood, lowering cholesterol and protecting the entire circulatory system. Some researchers have even said if you drink 2 or more cups of tea a day you’re almost 50% less likely to die after suffering a heart attack.
- Oolong Tea: Oolong tea has some similar health benefits to the other teas, for example reducing high blood pressure, strengthening teeth, but also boost metabolism and burn fat cells faster.
- Nettle tea: Nettle tea is one of the best remedies for things like anemia, high blood pressure, rheumatism, arthritis, coughs and colds, congestion, urinary tract infections, kidney and bladder problems.
- Passionflower tea: Passionflower tea is really good if you have anxiety or you struggle with stress, but also there are other benefits such as improving blood circulation, treating physical aches and pains, and helping feeling nausea relief.
- Chamomile tea: Chamomile tea is really popular and can really help soothe stomach and relieves bloating and indigestion. Chamomile can also help to calm people’s minds and help relax you and deal better with stress. If you struggle to sleep at night, having a cup of chamomile tea helps to relax the mind and body and allow you to fall off to sleep naturally.
- Ginger tea: Ginger tea has a lot of benefits, it can help to combat nausea, but also if you suffer from motion sickness, having one cup of ginger tea can help prevent the nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness. It can also improve the stomach performance for example preventing bloating after eating to much, and can also have a positive impact upon your appetite. Ginger tea has also been show to lower bad cholesterol and help detoxify the liver.
- Peppermint tea: Peppermint tea is a very soothing tea, it can help the body digest food better and reduce any digestive issues. It has also been shown that people who suffer with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and gallstones have been prescribed peppermint tea. If you suffer with heartburn, don’t drink peppermint tea, it can it worse in the long run.
- Lavender tea: Lavender tea can help to soothe the mind and body, and can get you naturally off to sleep, it can also help if you’re feeling down and depressed, as it has been shown to lift your spirits. Lavender tea helps soothe and treat colic, bowel infections and an upset stomach, it can also help you reduce coughs, bronchitis, asthma, cold and respiratory problems.
- Lemon balm tea: Lemon balm tea can help to calm nerves and anxiety. However cold lemon balm tea bags can also help to relieve cold sores (win win situation) lemon balm can also help to regulate the thyroid! If you mix lemon balm with peppermint, it can also help calm upset stomach and soothe the digestive system.
- Rosemary tea: Rosemary tea is such a beneficial tea, it can help to relax your muscles aid digestion, if you have gall bladder and liver problems and you drink rosemary tea regularly then it will help relieve the symptoms.
- Hibiscus flower tea: Hibiscus tea is shown to lower blood pressure, reduce high cholesterol and strengthen the immune system as hibiscus tea is rich in vitamin c. If you have hibiscus flower infusions it has been seen to reduce hypertension too!
- Cardamom tea: Both dried white cardamom flowers and the aromatic seeds can be used to make this tea. There are lots of benefits fr example it can help to treat indigestion, to prevent stomach pain, and also help if you’re feeling nauseous. And ladies, if you experience a lot of mood swings when you’re on your period, it can really beneficial if you drink this tea!
- Milk thistle tea: Milk thistle tea does a really gentle cleanse on your liver, it can also help for your liver to function better, but also milk thistle can encourage the production of bile which helps our digestion!
- Rosehip tea: Rosehips are filled with vitamin c which is so important for a healthy immune system and for skin and tissue healthy.
- Lemongrass tea: Lemongrass is often had after dinner as it is seen to aid digestion, and if you drink this after a meal it can help take away that feeling of being really full. Lemongrass also helps relaxation and promotes a restful nights sleep.
- Echinacea tea: Echinacea tea is used a lot to prevent/cure the common cold and can also be seen to enhance the immune system, relieve pains and help to reduce inflammation.
- Yerba mate tea: Yerba mate tea is made with the filled with antioxidants and vitamins, it enhances the ability to focus, enhanced clarity and focus. Yerba mate tea, also helps to make your body use carbohydrates more efficiently (yay) but also yerba mate helps to support cardiovascular health for example it will help fat and cholesterol move through your blood stream so they don’t accumulate on the artery walls.
- Ginseng tea: Ginseng tea is a recommended tea for ladies who suffer with menstrual cramps and can help to reduce the amount of pain a woman is in during her period. Ginseng can also help to lower the blood pressure and increase the energy levels of a person who drinks the tea. Ginseng tea can also help give a libido boost, a heightened sexual satisfaction, but also increase sperm count for a guy.
- Licorice root tea: Licorice root tea can help if you have constipation, it has anti inflammatory properties, and ease the pain of arthritis. Licorice root tea can also help to protect the stomach lining and neutralise the toxin in the liver and help with treating liver disorders.
- Valerian root tea: Valerian root tea is really helpful if you struggle with sleeping so drink this a few hours before you go to sleep in the evening and it will help you to naturally fall off to sleep.
- Safflower tea: Safflower tea is shown to help soothe your nerves and relax you but also helping to strengthen your immunity. Safflower tea is filled full of antioxidants, to help prevent heart disease, decrease inflammation in your arteries and lower bad cholesterol levels.
Put the kettle on and enjoy!
TEA. (Amie, this is awesome!)